Mr. Black Pedals Heaven’s Gate
Mr. Black Pedals Heaven’s Gate
Heaven’s Gate by Mr. Black Pedals
Would you like to effortlessly soar through the cosmos, but return home on demand? Well, my friend, we have a first-class ticket just for you...
Heaven's Gate is a beautiful and unique reverberator, designed and intended for use as a special musical compliment for those that require just the right tool for a special job.
Heaven's Gate operates very much like a standard reverb pedal, however the Heaven's Gate also gives you instantaneous control of all the reverb you create, allowing you to make your reflections and ambience instantly appear or disappear at your whim. Simply stop playing or mute your note(s) and the Heaven's Gate will quickly and smoothly depart, returning you to the crisp and grounded space you just launched from -- as though you never applied any reverb at all!
Three intuitive controls deliver a quick and simple setup, and you can dial the Heaven's Gate in to match your tempos, riffs and style(s) bringing explosive energy to your song, riff, or passage, gracefully and automatically!
Deliberate and nuanced control of your attack and playing will reward you with new textures, tones and inspiration previously only possible via constant and continual simultaneous adjustments of multiple reverb parameters.
While the Heaven's Gate is certainly not a jack-of-all-trades, it is an absolute master of its domain.
We recommend placing your Heaven's Gate after all dynamically controlled effects (e.g.: ovedrive/distortion/fuzz/envelope-filters/compressors/etc.), and potentially before your delay/echo devices.
Heaven’s Gate is an easy pedal to set up and use, but it’s probably not like many other reverberators you’ve experienced...
Quick setup and launch:
• Set the WET/DRY control to noon, then start with the TRIGGER set low, and the DECAY set to about halfway.
• Connect your guitar to the input jack (right side), your amp to the output jack (left side) and engage Heaven’s Gate.
• Pluck the strings with your normal attack and then mute them. You’ll hear an explosive reverberation during your note(s) which will quickly fade away and cease upon your muting of the strings.
• Adjust the TRIGGER control to align with your attack and style, and then set the DECAY control to complement the space between your notes. You got it.
• Massive reverb that effortlessly (dis)appears with your playing.
• Excellent for explosive high-gain leads that will never crowd the mix.
• Encourages new approaches to licks, riffs and musical passages. Fun!
To install or replace the 9V battery, grab your trusty Philips-head screwdriver and remove the four screws securing the backing plate. The battery sits right below the foot-switch. I think you can handle the rest. ;)
• WET/DRY: Adjusts reverb level/mix
Full CCW: Halfway: Full CW:
Pure dry signal. Equal wet/dry signal. Pure reverb signal.
• TRIGGER: Sets gate/cutoff sensitivity Full CCW: Minimum sensitivity. Full CW: Maximum sensitivity.
• DECAY: Controls reverb tail length Full CCW: Short decay trail. Full CW: Long decay trail.
• BYPASS SWITCH: Toggles on/off
LED on: LED off:
9VDC adapter (2.1mm negative center-pin) or 9V battery